Saturday, May 24, 2014

My Favorite German Food

Since I have come to Germany and even before (seeing as we have our own Hofbäuhaus remake in Pittsburgh) I have also found some new favorite food.  Here are some German and some, that even though they are not German, other food that is rarely or not available in the U.S.  Those of you who don't  know me, food is a big part of my life...seeing as I absolutely love it.

Schweinhaxe with Kartoffelknödlel (potato dumpling) and Hofbräu Bier on the left and on the right is Haxe with Bratkartoffeln (fried potatoes) and Sauerkraut 
Früstück- German breakfast.  This usually consists of bread and buns, cold meat and cheeses, soft boiled eggs, some fruit, jelly, honey, and Nutella.  Oh and don't forget the coffee!  This is of course my favorite meal! 

On the left is a mug of chocolate drink (yes it is call a drink and not hot chocolate... these two things are different I have not figured out how yet but they are) and a cake this one happens to by plum. I have come to notice this is usually eaten in the afternoon between lunch and dinner.   
On the right is one of my favorites. It is Wurstgulasch also very good.  A lot of German food includes wurst and sausages kind of like what, in America, we would consider hot dogs (only better).


And of course Weißwurst and Brezel and of course a beer!  With this meal you eat it with Senf or mustard. 


Only in Germany a Schnitzel Pizza :p







Currywurst and Pommfritz a must have in Berlin
Hmm more sausages but this was an interesting street "stand" 

Döner so delicious! This is a Turkish German fast food that you usually find on the street! I absolutly love it which may be dangerous but worth it! Here is a just opened store in the United States that now has three stores. If you are close to here or in Germany try it out! 






















These two are not German but I absolutly love pasta and I had to show some of the pasta I have had in Germany including some authentic Italian!



Tell me what your favorite German food is have you had it in Germany or in a different country?

2 comments:

  1. The first time I ever had crepes was in Germany - Nutella crepes!!

    Can't wait come and try this first hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny I don't remember that and maybe you had them without me and in that case sooo rude :p But yes that is another one of my favorites or their special Kinder Chocolate that they also put on crêpes!

    ReplyDelete