Friday, October 18, 2013

Living Expenses

A huge part of my big decision was figuring out what I would need to buy while I was there along with my monthly expenses. Here is a list of things I came up with:


  • Rent for the flat
  • Food
  • Cell phone
  • Taxes that will be taken out of my paycheck
  • Internet
  • Public transportation
  • The gym
  • Savings
These were the first things that came into my head.  Little did I know I would experience a few more expenses and some one time expenses as well. 

  • Traveling for weekend getaways
  • T.V. taxes
  • Health insurance 
  • And more things for the flat!
  • I had to buy a kitchen...yes a kitchen is not included in the flat (more on that in another post).
The biggest one-time expense of all was of course the flight over.  Because it was such a last minute thing it was going to be much more expensive.  However, luckily I got an email soon after my decision was made saying that the company I would be working for offered to pay for my flight! This was very exciting news.

  **Side note... I have now experienced myself and have seen other cases where if an employee really wants you to work for them they will usually pay for traveling expenses...hey it never hurts to ask, right?



It was hard to believe that I had one month to save up all this money just to get a job.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment