Friday, October 18, 2013

The Big Decision



So I got an email about a week later offering me the job. I would be working 75% (which means part time but it is almost full time).  I would be teaching English as well as a few other classes.  I was asked to teach a dance course, math in English, art in English and music in English.  The art and music classes were very different for me seeing as in The U.S.  usually there is a separate art teacher and music teacher.  I was a little nervous.  After receiving all of this information as well as how much I would be getting paid, I was told I only had a week to decide.
Needless to say I was excited but overwhelmed and immediately had to go to the gym and work off my anxious feelings about this quick decision.

A few things I needed to think about:

  • Can I afford it? (the biggie)
  • Is it worth it?
  • Do I have enough time to get all of the paperwork finished?
  • Will I be able to emotionally handle this huge life change?
  • Am I ready to give up the "special" moments with my friends and family?
  • When can I come home? (either to visit or to stay)

After thinking very hard and making many spreadsheets, talking to my "personal accountant" (I like to call her aunt ha), and talking to my therapist a.k.a Mom I decided the best thing for me was to do it! 

After I made the decision I then had much more to start thinking about.  The first day of school was only a month away.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment